Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,598 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Where are we going?

Front End Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsYou are allowed to figure out your own ideal balance between work and play. Hours are very flexible, time off is generous, work early or late as you prefer. Many work from home.

ConsPoor direction. The last few years have seen projects released with no followup or maintenance, other projects restarted several times or cancelled close to release. There is no clear plan of attack for Yahoo's comeback. Subsequently we have lost almost all the "big name" web devs who used to be a selling point to incoming engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a direction and stick with it. Don't plan and replan and replan, just execute and trust in the results.

grey box/white box testing

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: People are very helpful and friendly Cons: Most of important information are heard from the internet 1st Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience.… Cons: Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is… More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.