Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,609 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

A very flexible place to work but he senior management team and board are incompetent as far as I am concerned.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsThe overall compensation package is pretty darn good and the work environment is very flexible.

ConsBusiness and engineering processes are nearly non-existent. I could probably write a book on all of the problems within Yahoo.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of vision is really astounding. I have no problem with laying off people if there is justification and a well thought out plan behind the layoff. Executive management should try better communicating with senior management and solicit their input when making such major personnel changes. There should be clear strategic goals conveying what is trying to be accomplished.

Even when executive management does happen to come up with some goals, there never seems to be an tactical plan for accomplishing those goals. To me, this is a failure in communication between the executive management team and the senior management team.

Chaotic.

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Great benefits, great pay, interesting work, generally very interesting projects. Cons: Upper management chaos, contestant bad press. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent engineers and designer, poor senior management that lacks discipline and accountability

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Very good work life balance and respect for employees Have the opportunity to address… Cons: Classic 'ivory tower' behavior by senior management Senior management believes they know it all and do… Advice to Senior Management: Empower recommendations to come from below and transform them into the right decisions Start behaving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.