There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Great Start-up company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Workday

Pros

Communication is free and open between different teams, which is comparable to the rest of the software industry. It's a very tight knit company despite its growing size. Has free bagels and coffee every morning. flexible work time.

Cons

Pay is relatively average.
It's hard to advance within the company.
Company location is not in the city.
Innovation is treated with care, but it's necessary because it's offered as a service

Keep up the great job, you have developed a sustainable company culture, as you establish workday as a reputable company, i think it's necessary to recruit more young people

132 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Work Here if You Crave Bad Management, No Career Path, and Low Salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

The product and development environment are definitely cool, and customers seem happy. Lots of very nice, humble people who could be working somewhere where they'd be better appreciated. Also, it's close to BART and a very nice mall, but you probably can't afford to shop there. Close to 680, but traffic noise makes being outside fairly unpleasant.

Cons

Hierarchical and inflexible. Middle managers from PeopleSoft appear threatened by any staff member who has better ideas for productivity improvements. Low pay compared to other Bay Area tech companies seems to be a PeopleSoft tradition. Take it or leave it. Only a few people really seem to work very hard. This was one of the oddest and most unpleasant work experiences I've had.

Create an environment in which people can honestly say if they're happy with their manager. Ask people if they have ideas that could help their team. Pay people competitively. Reward good ideas. Stop with the cult and herd mentality. You don't deserve most of the good people you have, and there are some real losers in your management ranks.

Workday is the best place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

There is a lot of room for career advancement and development
    Very strong leadership
    Recognition/Reward based on performance
    Surrounded by talented people
    A fun place to work with pool tournaments, wine tasting, and Friday get-togethers
    Innovative, leading edge technology
    Forward thinking company

Cons

While Workday can be "clique-y" if you're not an ex-PeopleSofter you can still get ahead in the company. I never worked at PeopleSoft, but have worked smart & hard at Workday and have been rewarded with promotions and the training I need to help make my career successful. They are investing and "taking a chance on me" and I am putting in all my effort to make it pay off.

Keep up the momentum! Workday will be enormously successful.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!