The IPO Train is full steam ahead..Hang on tight, or you might get run over

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Next to Facebook, Workday's IPO is the most exciting in Silicon Valley. Cutting edge technology. The rate at which Workday can develop product is unbelievable, leaving our competition struggling to keep up. Vacation time was increased this year, and if the company hits its goals. Company meetings are fun, celebrities such as Captain Sully and Steve Young have attended in the past. We poke fun of our competition at the meetings,portraying SAP employees doing the goose step, and there is even art work of Larry Ellison being flushed a toilet at the company headquarters. Needless to say, product confidence is very high.

Cons

There is a lot of money at stake at Workday. Not only are the investments of our founders on the line, several millions of the famous Bay Area Tech funders and CEO's have there money wrapped up in Workday. As a result, things have tightened up. Salaries haven't been raised in years, and stock is being guarded tight. As it stands, the amount of work vs resources is stretched thin, and every overhead cost is scrutinized.

Look past 2012. The IPO is a very big milestone, however, building a sustainable company with good morale is of even greater importance. The IPO is going to make several people very happy and wealthy, but is that enough to retain talent and create a company for the future?

Other Reviews for Workday

Workday has an outstanding work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Workday is a wonderful place to work. I love the work that I do and the people I work with.

Cons

We are growing so fast, it can be hard to keep up with the new hires week to week.

Challenging, Innovative and Exciting place to work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Workday

Pros

The company leadership and products are stellar. Prospects are blown away by what Workday brings to the table. The acumen of people this company is able to attract is top notch. The ERP industry is at a tipping point and Workday is a contributor to that tipping point.

Cons

The pace is fast and you need to be able to continuously engage,learn and be prepared to stretch.
    Workday is a start up and you need to be a jack of all trades due to resources.

Keep the focus and path. This is one of the most exciting places I have worked and I am very proud to be here!

There are newer employer reviews for Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!