Wincanton

www.wincanton.co.uk

Exciting opportunities in an essential industry - things improving at Wincanton plc

Manager (Current Employee) Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)

ProsVaried opportunities coupled with project work and change management. Always something going on, but you need to be flexible and prepared to seize opportunities as, when and where they occur.

ConsA bit disjointed and some IT issues. Silo mentality. Fire fighting on occasions and obsession with how results will be received in city - some short term knee jerk actions as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your backsides and visit some sites - get a feel for the business. Stop reading about how to do it - do it! And take a long term view sometimes.

A full hands on experience of being my own boss at work!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wincanton

Pros: Remember the time when we was loading the trailers on bays 1-11a and we always ended up getting the Isle of Man loads on bay… Cons: Getting all of the Provisions meat and produce on time so that you are able to finish… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your Empoyees with respect as they would do you!! More

Fair but not the best employer by far!

M T O (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wincanton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good wage but think it's more down to our customer, I've… Cons: Feel where Being left out of the whole wincanton thing, not seen many senior management… Advice to Senior Management: Don't forget your small teams e.g. Petroleum based! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wincanton.

Worked for Wincanton? Contribute to the Community!