Williams

www.williams.com

Williams is an excellent place to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsWilliams has a positive reinforcement culture that tends to focus on the rewards. Performance reviews and feedback are constructive and are never really punitive. Competent engineers are treated with the utmost respect and their opinions and ideas are valued regardless of age or experience level. The employees in general are treated an indispensible assets management will not hesitate to explain how important your work is to the organization and will give ample credit and praise when they are due. Professional growth and advancement exists but requires patience.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and work-life balance is never an issue. There is ample flexibility in schedules, workloads, etc.

ConsManagement may be too easy on employees and the culture may be too relaxed to get the necessary work done and adequately compete against more aggressive competition. Growth projects are few and far in between - risk aversion is the predominant attitude here. The conservative solution more often than not wins out over better solutions and ideas.

This is not a company for Type A personalities - they may find the culture and the people frustrating.

Employees do work in cubicle farms so if you're on the phone with a recruiter, better speak very softly.

Advice to Senior ManagementA organism that is not growing is a dead organism. Allow the good projects to move forward and take some risks. If we don't the our hungrier competitors will. It is only a matter of time before they take a big bite into our bread and butter.

Williams is a good company.

Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Green River, WY (US)

I worked at Williams

Pros: The Williams Companies are very good at Midstream. They are experienced, and proven in Midstream. They have excellent history to draw from… Cons: Working in Midstream can be monotonous. It can be very boring and dry at times. A lot of the engineers seem to have… Advice to Senior Management: Try not to spend so much on leases, rather, try to develop… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work at depending on your job function

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Williams

Pros: The company provides a good work-life balance in addition to… Cons: Divisions still exist among employees in the different businesses (competition… Advice to Senior Management: It is always important to listen to employees and be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Williams.

Worked for Williams? Contribute to the Community!