Whitley Penn

www.wpcpa.com

Excellent company that is growing but will have to learn to trust middle managers

Department Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWhitley Penn is a Leading regional tax and accounting firm in North Texas. They have other specilized interests such as litigation support and various financial services.
Their are some really bright associates and partners working their.
Their benefits are par for the course. They were paying for employee insurance at one time.
If you put in the time you can progress in position. Lots of young talent coming on board each year. Seems to be fairly easy to become a senior auditor for example.
Company paid vacation weekend event every 2nd year. Such as cruises and resorts.
Friendly atmosphere of people. Attempt at work\life balance is not bad.

ConsPartner ran firm. With that sometimes comes hidden agenda's. Most are dealt with. Firm has grown very fast. Too fast. Last two mergers were completed ok but not ready for another. As any company grows in size, their management philosphy must change and adapt. They have not learned how to do this. Partners are reviewing 2-3 levels down where they have no knowledge of that staff members work ethic. Firm leadership must trust and turn over the managing of the staff to their middle managers. Just your small company trying to grow pains. All can be changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your middle managers. Don't try to perform their job. You will benefit by having this heirarchy in place and will be able to grow.
Stick by your reviews and act upon them accordingly.

It was okay, nothing more, nothing less

Tax (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Whitley Penn as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Compensation $25/hr for a tax intern + $2k sign on bonus Great location Fun events… Cons: No overtime allowed for interns but the workload was that of 60 hours a week. The managers were not approachable at all. The training was similar… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure that your employees are getting timely and complete feedback. Do not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Best firm in Dallas!

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Whitley Penn full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work hard, play hard culture! Throughout my career I have always felt like I could trust the Partners. They are very approachable and… Cons: We do have high expectations of work ethic and integrity, which some people may find… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the staff and seniors know that your door… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Whitley Penn.

Worked for Whitley Penn? Contribute to the Community!