Whirlpool

www.whirlpoolcorp.com

Maintenance Guy

A - Class Maintenance (Former Employee) Cleveland, TN (US)

ProsWhirlpool (previously Maytag Cleveland Cooking Products) had an apprenticeship program, which allowed anyone who could pass the entrance exam and get through the inteview process to begin a career in maintenance. A four year program (part time) at the local college (Electro-mechanical maintenance certification) ALL EXPENSES PAID !!!!! Concurrently, there was three years of hands-on apprenticeship, with the guys who actually kept the place running and have done so for up to 30 years. WONDERFUL Opportunity !!!!!!

ConsWhat can I say, it's ALL about the bottom line. I wish it weren't so, but as the cost of living continued to rise, the pay stagnated. Our annul raises only covered the additional cost of benefits.
UnfortunateIy, I had to leave the company to fnd more gainful employment. 10 + years of experience out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's ALL about the bottom line, companies have made that all to clear to their employees.
A persons loyalty to their employer is in great part tied to how well that they can supply their families needs. I suggest a quarterly profit sharing bonus structures implementation would help tremendously. Quality, attendance and LOYALTY to the company would soar to new heights.

Nice place to work most of the time

I have been working at Whirlpool

Pros: Good work/life balance most of the time Cons: Easy to get lost in such a large organization Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Another American business tragedy now in the final stages of self-destruction.

Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Joseph, MI (US)

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: 1.) Most non-management employees are a pleasure to work with and very supportive. 2.) A few very good internal… Cons: 1.) Performance Management system (Whirlpool PMP) force ranks all employees into a normal distribution with employee ratings of 1-5. 1's are top performers and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Whirlpool.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!