There are newer employer reviews for Wet Seal

It was OK...horrible pay!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Wet Seal part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were pretty decent. We all got along really well. The atmosphere of the work environment was pretty good. The manager I had was OK at first, after being there a while her true colors started to show. She was annoying and LAZY! Wouldn't do much if not any work, I'm truly surprise she is manager of the store. Another good thing was the employee discount-it's not like their products are "pricey" so a 40% discount is awesome! This job is good ONLY if you're a HS student or this is a first time job. Can't work here wanting to make a living for yourself!

Cons

Not a lot of hours
Bad pay (but what can you expect it was .25 cents over minimum wage)
If the store was really REALLY slow employees were asked to clock out and buy items from the store. Yes true we had to clock out and buy merchandise even if we did not want too! Very unprofessional! A lot of "call ins" and sometimes they would take your hours away if the store is really slow so you can sometimes only one 1 day a week! Not good. No room for growth.

192 Other Employee Reviews for Wet Seal (View Most Recent)

Ok as a starter job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Wet Seal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Discounts
    -Employees are very friendly
    -Offers benifits

Cons

-Horrible upper management.
    -Low salary
    -high turnover

-Realize when you have quality staff and not promote on the wet seal image.

Standard Retail-Great DM

I worked at Wet Seal part-time

Pros

Good company. Corporate seemed to be pretty well balanced for most part. Great stability in District Manager. And having a great team makes all the difference.

Cons

Retail is retail. Sometimes more pressure than necessary when it came to sales. But once again that's retail. Lacking in opportunity for advancement in particular experience.

Listen to your employees, especially the top performers, who have been there for a long period of time. Do more to offer advancement opportunities to hard working individuals. Ensure there is fairness and unity among the entire store team because when that is lacking, it can tear a store apart and really affect the success and productivity of a store location.

There are newer employer reviews for Wet Seal