Wet Seal
www.wetsealinc.com Foothill Ranch, CA 5000+ Employees

It was OK...horrible pay!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Wet Seal part-time for more than a year

ProsThe people I worked with were pretty decent. We all got along really well. The atmosphere of the work environment was pretty good. The manager I had was OK at first, after being there a while her true colors started to show. She was annoying and LAZY! Wouldn't do much if not any work, I'm truly surprise she is manager of the store. Another good thing was the employee discount-it's not like their products are "pricey" so a 40% discount is awesome! This job is good ONLY if you're a HS student or this is a first time job. Can't work here wanting to make a living for yourself!

ConsNot a lot of hours
Bad pay (but what can you expect it was .25 cents over minimum wage)
If the store was really REALLY slow employees were asked to clock out and buy items from the store. Yes true we had to clock out and buy merchandise even if we did not want too! Very unprofessional! A lot of "call ins" and sometimes they would take your hours away if the store is really slow so you can sometimes only one 1 day a week! Not good. No room for growth.

Wouldn't do it again

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Wet Seal part-time for more than a year

Pros: -easy job -opportunity for advancement (at least at store level) -flexible schedule Cons: -too much pressure to produce results -so many little tasks to… Advice to Senior Management: Don't give associates and managers so many small, unimportant tasks if… More

Ok as a starter job

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wet Seal full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Discounts -Employees are very friendly -Offers benifits Cons: -Horrible upper management. -Low salary -high turnover Advice to Senior Management: -Realize when you have quality staff and not promote on… More

There are newer reviews on Wet Seal.

Worked for Wet Seal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wet Seal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wet Seal CEO John D. Goodman . All reviews posted anonymously by Wet Seal employees.