Westwood College

www.westwood.edu

I enjoy the "hands off" experience and flexibility in my schedule as I teach Online.

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsGood Chairperson support (they are the direct managers over adjunct faculty). Good Student Advisor support. Flexible schedule. This is the Online school. Many of the adult learners are amazing.

ConsNo raises for adjunct faculty. No vacations for adjunct faculty with any substitute teaching. There used to be substitute teachers for online but this service was taken away. If you travel you have to take a computer with you and work late at night while vacationing with others during the day. There is a lack of technical support for problems with student Webspace and the Adobe Connect rooms. The Adobe Connect rooms for live meetings disconnect sharing frequently and disconnect all together at least one time during meetings. Instructors used to have a lot more input with respect to the class designs and which classes were taught and added to the curriculum.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake technical support a priority for online students and faculty. Get the instructors support for substitute teachers, money to invest in faculty development and the process to receive this less complicated, look at fair raises for instructors, keep class sizes to a reasonable and accountable size (not to expect over 25 students to a class this new new policy) and make it easier for students to enter the classes at start time by getting financial aid issues or any other issues that keep them from getting into classes right away, cleared up well in advance of the class start date.

This experience has taught me much about the for profit college world.

I have been working at Westwood College

Pros: Work Experience, plenty of responsiblity, benefits are ok, Cons: The management does not make you aware of problems until… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

too much pressure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Westwood College

Pros: great compensation and advancement opportunity. made really great friends and… Cons: pressure, incompetent leadership, greed, unethical. it is not surprising that they are struggling to stay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Westwood College.

Worked for Westwood College? Contribute to the Community!