Western Asset Management
www.westernasset.com Pasadena, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A good place to start a career in the industry

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Pasadena, CA (US)

I have been working at Western Asset Management full-time

ProsExcellent benefits and competitive pay. Overall, a wonderful business culture to work in, especially for a company in the wealth management industry. I was fortunate to be able to work with some very talented people in my department where it was extremely team-focused and I never witnessed any backstabbing or individual competition within my particular group. Great place to network, and very open to promoting from within.

ConsExecutive managers did not come across as very approachable. Many people I knew who worked in certain departments had never met or seen the CEO, even though we all worked in the same office building.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive level management should be more visible to the employees -- not just with your senior managers, but everyone.

Good place to start.....as long as you get out after 2/3 years

Investment Support (Former Employee)
Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Western Asset Management full-time

Pros: As title says, good place to start if your a recent college grad. You will learn a lot your first 6 months to… Cons: Terrible pay but worse no career path. IS department was a revolving door of people w/ 2-3 yrs experience (b/f fin crisis… Advice to Senior Management: Develop a real career path program to provide guidance to jr employees which allows them to transcend departments. Trash superficial mentorship program… More

Bottom line, push comes to shove: unethical to the core

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Western Asset Management full-time

Pros: nice furniture; surface looks nice, but check under the hood… Cons: felt like women's rights took a 30 year u-turn; cronyism, boy's club personified; not to the point of outright sexual harrasment but… Advice to Senior Management: fire yourself No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Western Asset Management.

Worked for Western Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Asset Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Western Asset Management CEO James W Hirschman. All reviews posted anonymously by Western Asset Management employees.