Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

7659 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Worst job ever after many years in software development. Dot net developers look else where!

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Safe secure job in recession.

Cons

Oppressive environment. Intimidation and bullying by senior staff. Weak management afraid to deal with badly behaved senior staff. No fun. Poorly design software applications. No willingness to learn agile technology. Most of the code was 10 years out of date in terms of design.

Listen to your staff and make decisions based on your own understanding.

The worst job I have ever had.

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

There are no positives about working at a basic level call center at Wells Fargo.

Cons

Poor salary, poor benefits, poor working hours, Saturday hours, high turnover rate and apathetic attitude of employees you are supervising, escalation calls are often argumentative and profane, and some managers are hostile.

Take care of your internal employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo