Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThe company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

ConsOf course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

Lots of opportunities and very rewarding career

Manager (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Managers open to employees transferring internally and grow. Competetive compensation, flexible… Cons: Large company so change is slow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

What I expected.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros: The relationships with your coworkers was the most pleasant I have… Cons: Jos is very demanding for such little money/recognition. Hours are too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!