Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Summer Analyst

I have been working at Wells Fargo as an intern

Pros

Open and honest professionals
Open door policy
Relaxed Interviews

Cons

Slow turnaround
Lean deal teams

7416 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Unhappy Employees

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employment, which is a good thing in the current economy.

The company name looks good on a resume.

Cons

High stress due to tyrannical micro-managers, roadblocks, red-tape, politics, finger-pointing, and CONSTANT fire drills.

Long hours, unplanned weekend and holiday work (which is unpaid) getting dropped on us frequently on Friday afternoons.

No opportunity to transition out of narrowly defined job roles. You are basically stuck in what is called a "silo" until that technology or job is retired, at which point you are put into what is called "star" status (which is internal lingo meaning "laid off").

Numerous internal processes and formalities that are often in conflict with one another.

Employee turnover, which in my group is increasing. We've lost 4 good engineers in the past 6 months, and others in my group are looking.

Senior management is totally disconnected. If you really want to know what is going on, talk directly to the engineers. NOT to the engineer's manager's manager's manager.

Easy to Accomodate

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

They are helpful with training and scheduling, and also try to make employees happy during the duration of their employment with the company.

Cons

I was unable to find a job to suit my skill set. I also could not find a position in my area, and was unwilling to travel or move.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo