There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Lot's of Opportunity coupled with Bureaucracy

Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Opportunities for Upward Mobility
-Generous benefits, 401k matching, education benefits
-Plenty of PTO and Holidays
-Challenging, Interesting work (depending on job role)

Cons

-Large company = Bureaucracy
-High variance among management culture
-Recent difficulties in the financial industry (despite Wells Fargo's success) has meant a significant decrease in employee recognition programs and events.

Work to keep the strengths based model that Wells Fargo strives to exemplify and provide coaching to memebers of management with teams that have a high turnover rate. This is invariably a sign of employee distress. People tend to leave managers, not jobs.

6545 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Provides opportunity

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Good mentoring. Able to learn about multiple businesses. Good work life balance. Able to work from home if need be.

Cons

Once your working for them it's difficult to get salary & title bumps. Promises were made during the interview process. Make sure you understand exactly how you are able to move up. Hard work is rewarded verbally not always financially.

Employees that have proven themselves should be given title & salary recognition. A title bump will improve the employees outlook on the department even without the salary bump.

Good place to start, but no career. I'm maintaining my goals each quarter and gathering experience to get a better job.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get basic training and there are courses you take each quarter. They offer decent benefits with 401k matching, paid holidays off and you start off with 144 hours of PTO every January. It can be relaxed if you work with a good team and get to know your customers. There are things that you can do to be involved and seen.

Cons

The company is entirely too focused on referrals and solutions which causes frustration and early burn out. Also they only promote people that consistently hit the crazy high goals, no matter how they get there. Sometimes unethical behavior is overlooked as long as you perform. People are getting into positions because they are great salesmen, not good examples of leadership. It's always what have you done for me today with daily, monthly and quarterly goals. They offer bonuses based on your totals, but the only tellers that consistently get it are part time because their numbers are adjusted. Even bankers rarely hit all five metrics to receive a bonus and managers have to have the whole team hit goal to get one. I know a service manager that has been around for ten years and has never gotten a raise or bonus.

You claim to care about "helping people succeed financially", but ignore the very people that front your company. Stop worrying about DDAs and WOW scores and maybe the people that want to care and do well will stay. Sadly, I thought that I could make a career here. Big mistake.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!