There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Lot's of Opportunity coupled with Bureaucracy

Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Opportunities for Upward Mobility
-Generous benefits, 401k matching, education benefits
-Plenty of PTO and Holidays
-Challenging, Interesting work (depending on job role)

Cons

-Large company = Bureaucracy
-High variance among management culture
-Recent difficulties in the financial industry (despite Wells Fargo's success) has meant a significant decrease in employee recognition programs and events.

Work to keep the strengths based model that Wells Fargo strives to exemplify and provide coaching to memebers of management with teams that have a high turnover rate. This is invariably a sign of employee distress. People tend to leave managers, not jobs.

6784 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

The longer you work for Wells Fargo The more the company hate you

Former Employee - Branch Manager/Vice President in San Gabriel, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager/Vice President in San Gabriel, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Quick promotion if you work hard and have a steel mentality to get the things done. I work for Wells Fargo back in 1998 as a teller. After 5 years and 3 times National TOP Banker sales achiever; I was promoted to be a branch manager. After that Sales Development Consultant for the LA Crossroad division. Leaving the bank at the end 2010 since there is better and bigger opportunity at JPMorgan Chase.

Cons

Aggressive sales goal, low quality management training and supervision, too many yes man work for the company specially under LA Metro leadership, and finally "YOU ARE AS GOOD AS YOUR YESTERDAY' NUMBER". The bankers who know and dare to GAME the system are the one who survive. There are too many conflict between middle management and the first line manager are the one who took the beating and suffering.

I don't think anyone care to listen to their employees. Before I left Wells Fargo, I submitted my exit review about the LA Metro management and look at it now - Nothing Change. I was the TOP Manager 4 years in a row from 2006-2010; and the longer I stay the worst I was treated so finally I am so GLAD that I left the company. Better pay Better work environment and Better opportunity. I dare any Wells Fargo Management will reply or even bother to read this; since all of their employees are just numbers. Squeeze them until dry then threw them into garbage disposal for younger and un-experience and unethical manager,

Good place to start, but no career. I'm maintaining my goals each quarter and gathering experience to get a better job.

Current Employee - Teller in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get basic training and there are courses you take each quarter. They offer decent benefits with 401k matching, paid holidays off and you start off with 144 hours of PTO every January. It can be relaxed if you work with a good team and get to know your customers. There are things that you can do to be involved and seen.

Cons

The company is entirely too focused on referrals and solutions which causes frustration and early burn out. Also they only promote people that consistently hit the crazy high goals, no matter how they get there. Sometimes unethical behavior is overlooked as long as you perform. People are getting into positions because they are great salesmen, not good examples of leadership. It's always what have you done for me today with daily, monthly and quarterly goals. They offer bonuses based on your totals, but the only tellers that consistently get it are part time because their numbers are adjusted. Even bankers rarely hit all five metrics to receive a bonus and managers have to have the whole team hit goal to get one. I know a service manager that has been around for ten years and has never gotten a raise or bonus.

You claim to care about "helping people succeed financially", but ignore the very people that front your company. Stop worrying about DDAs and WOW scores and maybe the people that want to care and do well will stay. Sadly, I thought that I could make a career here. Big mistake.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo