Big Company

Former Employee - Personal Banker II Registered  in  Bloomington, MN (US)
Former Employee - Personal Banker II Registered in Bloomington, MN (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for lateral movement. Fair Pay. Fair benefits.

Cons

Difficult to deal with the daily grind for most people. A lot is expected of you. Not just every day but every hour.

Other Reviews for Wells Fargo

Lot's of Opportunity coupled with Bureaucracy

Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Opportunities for Upward Mobility
    -Generous benefits, 401k matching, education benefits
    -Plenty of PTO and Holidays
    -Challenging, Interesting work (depending on job role)

Cons

-Large company = Bureaucracy
    -High variance among management culture
    -Recent difficulties in the financial industry (despite Wells Fargo's success) has meant a significant decrease in employee recognition programs and events.

Work to keep the strengths based model that Wells Fargo strives to exemplify and provide coaching to memebers of management with teams that have a high turnover rate. This is invariably a sign of employee distress. People tend to leave managers, not jobs.

The longer you work for Wells Fargo The more the company hate you

Former Employee - Branch Manager/Vice President  in  San Gabriel, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager/Vice President in San Gabriel, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Quick promotion if you work hard and have a steel mentality to get the things done. I work for Wells Fargo back in 1998 as a teller. After 5 years and 3 times National TOP Banker sales achiever; I was promoted to be a branch manager. After that Sales Development Consultant for the LA Crossroad division. Leaving the bank at the end 2010 since there is better and bigger opportunity at JPMorgan Chase.

Cons

Aggressive sales goal, low quality management training and supervision, too many yes man work for the company specially under LA Metro leadership, and finally "YOU ARE AS GOOD AS YOUR YESTERDAY' NUMBER". The bankers who know and dare to GAME the system are the one who survive. There are too many conflict between middle management and the first line manager are the one who took the beating and suffering.

I don't think anyone care to listen to their employees. Before I left Wells Fargo, I submitted my exit review about the LA Metro management and look at it now - Nothing Change. I was the TOP Manager 4 years in a row from 2006-2010; and the longer I stay the worst I was treated so finally I am so GLAD that I left the company. Better pay Better work environment and Better opportunity. I dare any Wells Fargo Management will reply or even bother to read this; since all of their employees are just numbers. Squeeze them until dry then threw them into garbage disposal for younger and un-experience and unethical manager,

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!