There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work.
The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees.
Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done.
Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes.
They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.

6683 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Cares more about sales than customers and employees

Current Employee - Phone Banker III Premier in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Phone Banker III Premier in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staff is extremely friendly and will ing to help each other

Cons

Low pay compared to other Banks, Constantly changing bonus structure making it harder and giving out less. Constant threats of write ups dismissal if sales and profit per call goals aren't met. Low moral. Highest turnover I have seen on any job. Managment has even left due to unfavorable bonus structures. Dispitewhat they saw they do not promote from within, and forget trying to move to another department for career growth. If and when you do it typically comes with a pay cut.

Treat employees like people not mindless robots. When sales are met give out money not peices of candy (literally)

Overwhelming incredible amazing amounts of micro-management.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent schedule, only one Saturday a month. Lots of room for movement, drink the kool-aid though.

Cons

I work for a district that micro manages EVERYTHING! My manager cannot approve our own PTO, the DM does it. DM every Wednesday reviews every interaction we had with every customer with our manager. I am then nit picked for not wording my contact events just right, or plugging the wrong number into the CNA''s. Nothing is ever good enough. To the critics who would state I am just a slacker I am second in my districts for sales! Doesn't matter scrutiny comes to all.

PLEASE allow some store autonomy, and stop pushing sales on every customer. I have heard so many complaints and requests that we not sell to them every time they visit a teller. Your push for sales tempt many to walk the gray line.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo