Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work.
The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees.
Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done.
Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes.
They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

Cares more about sales than customers and employees

Current Employee - Phone Banker III Premier  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Phone Banker III Premier in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

Staff is extremely friendly and will ing to help each other

Cons

Low pay compared to other Banks, Constantly changing bonus structure making it harder and giving out less. Constant threats of write ups dismissal if sales and profit per call goals aren't met. Low moral. Highest turnover I have seen on any job. Managment has even left due to unfavorable bonus structures. Dispitewhat they saw they do not promote from within, and forget trying to move to another department for career growth. If and when you do it typically comes with a pay cut.

Treat employees like people not mindless robots. When sales are met give out money not peices of candy (literally)

Consumer Loan Underwriter 3

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

Monthly bonus. Base aalary $63,000.

Cons

Company hired me as a Senior Underwriter although I had no experience in mortgage lending, only commercial underwriting. Although I learned quickly, there were some details that I missed. The Lending Manager responsible for granting loan authority claimed she had trained me several times, which was completely false. I was let go after 3 months due to mistakes on 2 loans out of 24 that I had underwritten. Very unfair envirornment. 10+ hours of overtime required per week.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!