There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work.
The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees.
Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done.
Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes.
They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.

6470 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Overwhelming incredible amazing amounts of micro-management.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent schedule, only one Saturday a month. Lots of room for movement, drink the kool-aid though.

Cons

I work for a district that micro manages EVERYTHING! My manager cannot approve our own PTO, the DM does it. DM every Wednesday reviews every interaction we had with every customer with our manager. I am then nit picked for not wording my contact events just right, or plugging the wrong number into the CNA''s. Nothing is ever good enough. To the critics who would state I am just a slacker I am second in my districts for sales! Doesn't matter scrutiny comes to all.

PLEASE allow some store autonomy, and stop pushing sales on every customer. I have heard so many complaints and requests that we not sell to them every time they visit a teller. Your push for sales tempt many to walk the gray line.

Jump into madness....

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has a strong American history. If all parts of the company were forced to operate with the same customer focused mentality as opposed to how many solutions a checking accounts per day, which translates to nothing in making money for the company, (North and Central Jersey) The company would be better off.

Cons

Long hours, focus not on 100% of goal, but 200% every day. Little product benefits, and little to offer customers.

To many old chiefs, need to remove old Wachovia people who refuse to get 100% on board., even though thay act like they are. CAn't teach an old dog new tricks, you just end up with a mixed up dog.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!