There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Good strong bank

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Consultant in Burlingame, CA (US)
Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Consultant in Burlingame, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent reputation, ahead of the curve in business accumen

Cons

Tedious proceses and disclosures, constant changes daily in underwriting guidelines and processes

6683 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Horrible job....So glad I moved on

Former Employee - Phone Banker
    Former Employee - Phone Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Set schedule and convenient location
    Training- Met so many wonderful people in training.

Cons

Way to many to list but heres a few
    Sales/Incentives- They stress sales way to much for the pathetic payout that you get which is every quarter. Coming from Verizon Wireless I had no motivation to get Incentive at Wells Fargo (Although I still earned mines). I averaged 1200-1500 monthly commission at VZW and WF didnt equal to that QUARTERLY.

Management- Awful management. They always give pushback when Employee's ask questions or have Supervisor Only calls. Not to mention my Supervisor was very sneaky and tried his best to get the bad performing Phone Bankers out of the company since he was so concerned about his incentive.

Micromanagement- We all hate this and know how it is. Wells Fargo micromanages a ton.

Turnover- Its always a new hire classes going on because so many employees quit! My training class consisted of 23 people and before it was all over only 9 "graduated" because everyone quit.

Moving Up- They claim you can move up in the company but even our "Top Producer" in the site is still a Phone Banker 1. A lot of Banker Coaches are stuck because Wells Fargo doesnt want to promote whatsoever. Maybe they do it in other Locations but here everyone is stuck on a bench. You need more than Sales numbers to move up so keep that in mind.

I could go on and on for days but I'll stop here.

Stop being lazy and selfish. Don't expect new hires to become top sales reps right out of the gate.

SOLUTIONS SOLUTIONS SOLUTIONS that's all you'll hear as a personal banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will love your job if you love your manager. No if and or BUTTS about it. You are required to sales quite a bit which is fine because you're a sales person. However it gets repetitive and annoying... There is GREAT room for advancement. If you don't mind the low pay then you it'll pay off in the end.

Cons

Commission is not paid out monthly. As a matter of fact there is no commission it's bonuses that paid out quarterly. You work hard for 3 months to make a very small pay out and that's even if you hit your numbers which are based on a daily performance yea I said a daily performance and not a monthly performance which is so stupid not to mention the goals are so high and extremely hard to hit. But, It can be done...

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo