Weight Watchers

www.weightwatchers.com

Long time employee frustrated by management decisions, low pay and poor training

Receptionist (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part of this job is working with the members. You develop an investment in their success at the program. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a member get to their goal weight. I also always enjoyed the other staff members I worked with.

ConsThe pay is very low. You are paid by the meeting, not by hours worked. Whether your meeting takes an hour and a half or two hours or more, your pay is the same. And good luck trying to make sense of your paycheck. In the 12+ years I worked there, I could never explain exactly how I was compensated. There is a set base pay plus commission on product sales and number of members in the meeting. But how that is figured never made any sense.

Receptionists must supply their own pot of money for making change, which means constant trips to the bank to get proper change, all uncompensated. In fact, many tasks expected from you are uncompensated, including checking email for communication from management and reading the staff web site for notices of sales and other communication from the company.

In an effort to save money in the last few years, job training has moved from face to face meetings to online webinars and computer based training. As a result, the quality of the training provided has gone downhill considerably.

Field staff are treated very poorly. You can be removed from any meeting you work without any notice at all. And not because you have done something wrong, but simply because they want to make a change. This seems to happen quite often. This job was not my main source of income, so this didn't affect me much when I was pulled from a meeting. But I saw this done to others who
 were counting on the income from their meetings and they were definitely hurt by the loss of income.

Advice to Senior ManagementField staff should be listened to and treated with respect. Communicate better. Improve the training process so that new employees know what they are doing before they start working. Improve the website and the mobile apps. You have built your program to emphasize these things, and yet often they do not work properly, which frustrates members.

employees requesting a pay raise about 20 years overdue, told to wait about another year

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros: flexibility of our schedules, nice to work with members from all… Cons: lousy pay. no pay for extra duties such as preparation for At Work meetings, banking, extra paperwork needed to do your job. Only compensation for… Advice to Senior Management: Monetary appreciation for you employees now, not the end of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ha ha ha

Leader/Receptionist/Location Corordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Members. The members are wonderful. Cons: Management. They expect full time work for less than… Advice to Senior Management: And I thought it was ME. You should be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Weight Watchers.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!