Wayfair
www.wayfair.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Company - So Great I've Worked There Twice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Wayfair as a contractor for less than a year

Pros-Outstanding/extensive benefits package (3.2 weeks PTO, health/dental/vision, sox/bruins/celtics tickets, discount movie tickets, free snacks, yearly bonus...)
-Great work/life balance
-Transparent work environment. Directors, VPs and Co-Founders are easy to talk to and provide insight and guidance.
-Casual dress code. Jeans/t-shirts and shorts in the summer.
-Great office space (right near the Pru) and easy to get to from MBTA.
-Getting to work with some of the brightest minds in Boston.
-Fun culture that promotes creativity and growth.

Cons-Salaries can be a little low on the business side but that's something senior management is aware of and working to fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire top talent and keep your employees happy. The market in Boston is extremely competitive (especially in software) and the last thing you want is to lose talent to competing companies.

Work Hard, Play Hard culture

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, fun culture, good perks & benefits - health & dental are excellent compared to other companies especially for families. Wide open opportunities… Cons: Work life balance can tilt askew and sometimes you just have to recognize that you can't do it all. Often you're loaded up with much… Advice to Senior Management: We need better career path planning and more concrete review criteria. What exactly merits a '4' rating for "Persuation and critical thinking" for an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Growing Tired

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This was a great "right out of school" job... the… Cons: Little room for advancement if you aren't an outsider with an MBA from… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more! And utilize people for the skills they have,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Wayfair.

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wayfair reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah. All reviews posted anonymously by Wayfair employees.