There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good people great environment

Current Employee - TLE Service Writer in Ash Flat, AR (US)
Current Employee - TLE Service Writer in Ash Flat, AR (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment managers and people

Cons

low pay and fre chances of moving up

8478 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

great company to be a manager for

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Mount Pocono, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Mount Pocono, PA (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

you get enough leeway to run the business your way, as long as you have integrity and do a good job there is minimal interference from corporate.

Cons

some of their latest policies and initiatives to capture new business and retain current customers leave a lot to be desired.

allow us to give gift cards for transferred or new prescriptions.
    cut down on the amount of paperwork given to patients with prescriptions. by my calculations, at the most conservative estimate if they would condense the patient handouts to 1 or 2 pages the company would save 30 million dollars, but this figure is probably 5 or 6 times that.

ICS Supervisor - Evening Shift

Current Employee - ICS Supervisor
    Current Employee - ICS Supervisor

I have been working at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Better hours and pay raise, times goes by fast.

Cons

Too much to do for one person and half an unloading crew. Hard work - more than I ever imagined for the pay! and I know, WahHh!

1. Increase pay (I know YOU can't do that) and the team will increase in size and people will stay the course. 2. Respect the individual - How about the worker/Associate? - Aren't we also individuals? 3. Stop whining about over time. If I am 3 people short then I have to do the job of 4 and that takes more hours. 4. Evaluate your current management team, get rid of the bad and keep the good (and the ugly if they are ... well... good). 5. Promote ME to management or at least let me get on the WIRE to apply for better jobs within the organization. (OK maybe that one is selfish ;) 6. Seriously, morale is HORRIBLE and the overnight crew's morale is WORSE! 7. If you promise something to the associates like a dinner or something ... give it to them promptly ... Don't make us wait until Jesus comes before we get it (still waiting on steak dinner promised over a month ago ... it's too cold (was 71 degrees last week). 8. Upper level management needs to schedule SURPRISE inspections during different shifts, don't tell anyone you are coming because they always tell us and we are ready for inspection (military term). You might be surprised by what you see or are failing to see. Also, be consistent with the surprise inspections. After all you can only EXPECT what you INSPECT!

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart