Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Good, for retail

Grocery Directs (Current Employee) Athens, GA (US)

ProsGood benefits, Excellent 401k matching, GED reimbursment, etc. Better pay than most retail stores, good chance to move up if you can get along with your bosses. Lot of opportunity.

ConsToo many chiefs and not enough indians syndrome, our store manager micromanages too much, nitpicks over small problems while large ones get larger. Employees who don't work and carry their weight stay on while those who work hard are demoted, quit, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage personal responsibility and ingenuity in the lower ranks, it will boost morale. Hire a person to do a job and stand back and let them do it, only step in if they aren't getting the job done, but for the sake of other employees, remove them if they can't perform.

Wal mart bakery associate

Baker (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros: way better than i imagined. The managers were polite, some of my co workers were really cool, gave… Cons: not enough to pay your bills, low hours, they take forever to get rid of bad workers, when the hood rats and white trash come… Advice to Senior Management: please do not tell employees you are going to do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good store, bad manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Walmart

Pros: Easy application, easy to find (esp. in a city), well… Cons: Customers can be hard to deal with, my floor manager… Advice to Senior Management: Have more worker review of the managers.. it's intimidating to… More
There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!