Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,791 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Potential career downgraded to just a job.

Certified Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
Toms River, NJ (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFriendly co-workers and management; pays the bills; relatively stress-free job; the work you do is appreciated

ConsLack of performance based raises (2.5% across the board does not make me want to do more); customers at times (it's retail, you have to expect it); WAY too much bureaucracy (corporate does not understand how stores actually work); low employee morale, especially with management restructuring. This went from a potential career path to just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store-level employees are an intricate part to the company. Cut back the bonuses you are writing yourselves and show some appreciation to people who help drive the sales that write your paychecks.

I feel like no one knows I even work here.

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros: Work from home is convenient Cons: Rigid policies, strict performance standards Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Easy job, with not much room to move up

Photo Specialist (Former Employee)
Glendale, AZ (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Discount, flexible hours, decent pay. Cons: Management has no concern for employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.