There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens used to care more about their employees

Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR (US)
Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. My boss really does care about my well being. I am told how much I am appreciated.

Cons

pay. Hard to get someone fired from Walgreens unless they steal or fail a drug test.

Pay your employees better. Base it on loyalty to the company ( how long someone has worked for you), their experience, and job performance. Stop giving yourselves enormous raises and bonuses when the workers who make the company what it is do not get bonuses at all and work holidays for you. A 2.5% raise is not competative in todays market especially for those of us who have worked 9 years for you.

3717 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Growing, positive company

Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Tualatin, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Tualatin, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Walgreens has a good environment whether you like a fast-paced work experience or a workplace with a slower, more steady appeal. It has something for everyone and offers motivated individuals the potential for growth and advancement.

Cons

As stated previously, those who enjoy fast-paced work environments or a slower, more relaxed workplace will at times be faced with the opposite.

Listen to and engage employees about ideas they have. Listen to good ideas or offer corrective information about why a particular process or policy is in place.

great company some times bad customers

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work in A/c
    holiday pay
    vacation pay
    special holiday pay
    stock/options They used to give out free options but its been a while 10% discount on stock.
    decent medical insurance for like 100 bucks a month

Cons

Depends on who manages the store and the pharmacy if you have a good experience.
    I happen to have 2 great ones so my experience is good.other might not be lucky.
    Customers can be overwhelming some times. and the company cuts hours alot lately i assume to help boost their stock (which used to be high then dropped the last couple years and is recovering)

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens