Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Working in the Pharmacy

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO (US)

ProsAll technicians have to be certified so you are not working with people who don't know there jobs. Workflow keeps everyone in place allowing the shift to run smoothly.Great benefits, can buy shares in the co, in-store discounts and online. Great pharmacists.

ConsShifts are constantly cut. Managers don't stay long because of the workload placed on them. Customers are horrid to the staff, and then are given gifts cards for their hissy fits. Need to higher more technicians for the number of prescriptions. Pharmacy constantly swamped. Be ready to deal with rude doctors and outsourced insurance agents who don't have a clue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting shifts and add more technicians so the ones you have are not pulling their hair out. Without the extra help lots of mistakes are made making the company look incompetent.

Great part time job during school

Service Clerk (Current Employee) Norton, MA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Management listens, lets you take time off when you follow… Cons: Sometimes have to work on holidays, close the store alone… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

my overall experience was good

Shift Lead (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: learn a lot about customer service. Cons: not enough room to grow. Advice to Senior Management: promote more from within. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!