There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Organization is full of silos

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Director in Deerfield, IL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Strong financial footing, despite ESI setbacks
Pharmacist-centric organization - their value is understood and opportunities for career growth are available; not of other healthcare practitioners
Diversified healthcare services - lacking cohesive integration

Cons

Myopic senior management - focusing on script fills as the only meaningful means of revenue
Antiquated systems - especially computer/IT that holds the company back.
Resting on their laurels of success 1-2 decades ago - times are changing and they say they are able to change but no one does so.

Bring in new leadership from the outside - too many like-minded individuals who only know the Walgreens way.

3551 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

The go to guy

Current Employee - Store Team Leader  in  Bethpage, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Bethpage, NY (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Great benefits. There is room to move up, but some has to quit, step down, or a new store would have to open, otherwise you will have to wait a long time.

Cons

A lot more on the negative side here on this position. There is a lot of responsiblity place here. This includes and not limited to: pulling out dated items, managing counts, disposing damaged goods, packing out. That is for the whole front half of the store. Besides that one day a week of closing and opening the store. this includes dealing with costumers, managing employes, handling cash. All of that would be fine only if I was getting paid for the work I do. 11 dollars an hour, meanwhile managers get paid almost double that, yet have much less responsiblity. All they have to do is make sure that the store looks okay....any actual set responsiblity, no!

Store team lead, should be a higher position then the assist management. More work more pay. They treat my position as a manger, so pay me like one.

I have held many positions therefore makes it difficult to describe.

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Regular customers, close to home, mgt balances my schedule with what I need for my home life

Cons

Sometimes mgt expects too much of a person at once. The more knowledge you've got the more expected.

Some managers have too many pets and those people often get by with doing nothing or very little.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!