Great place to work!

Current Employee - QA Engineer  in  Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of free food and culture events. I actually enjoy coming to work. It is great being able to relax at work when you need to and still be motivated to do your best.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons that have to do with the culture or people that work there. However, I do feel that internally hired position can some times pay under the market rate.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Reviews for Volusion

Good place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am in my mid-30s and have had several jobs. Volusion is one of the best I've had. It's a great working environment. It seems like there is free food at least once a week. There are a lot of fun activities to participate in. I feel like Volusion does genuinely care about its employees and wants to keep them happy. Benefits are great!

Cons

There is always something to complain about, right? But, I cannot think of any deal breakers. It's a good size company and I can speak for my experience thus far, which has been overall positive.

I have enjoyed the recent insight to where the company is headed.

Good team, nice people, chance for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Volusion knows the value of its development team and works hard not only to keep them happy, but leave them alone where it counts to do so. Developers are allowed to choose or make their own tools, design their own processes, and make their own schedules. Though software quality takes a back seat to business needs like any company, you do get plenty of chances to do something cool.

Cons

The corporate culture is somewhat conservative in terms of innovation and envelope-pushing, and conversely, the office environment is a little too much on the rambunctious side. Upper management is too involved in day-to-day product direction decisions, especially visual ones, and that slows down the pace of green-field development so it seems glacial sometimes.

Know your strengths. You are great a building a customer-service-focused business. You are not UI pioneers.

There are newer employer reviews for Volusion.

Worked for Volusion? Contribute to the Community!