There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

Opportunity Abound and a Happy Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked for several large corporations in my career and this is the first time working for a "smaller" company. Vitacost has a LOT of opportunity and as support functions and management find new and better ways of doing things and getting products to market faster - they don't sit in ivory towers making decisions with no input. They rally the teams and get a round table approach to problems and find REAL solutions.

As for the previous comments about "no more employee lunches" and "no free goods" - well you obviously don't know what is important in a work environment. The measure of a successful company, is its ability to grow and evolve. When you stay stagnant and rest on your laurels of the "yesteryear" you fail.

The CEO (as every CEO does) expects results. If you are expecting less from any management team, perhaps you should find another field. However, different from the other companies I have worked at, the CEO here sits with his people, is interested in their personal lives, their education on the industry.

As for the comment about excel skills and no industry experience - the measure of a truly successful merchant is being able to learn the widget, analyze the information about its performance, negotiate better metrics and EXECUTE. I have worked as a buyer in half a dozen vastly different industries and never failed at getting them to grow. Its the measure of your ability to manage a business, not necessarily know every detail of one particular product category before entering into it.

The morale is the BEST I have ever experienced. I genuinely am excited (as are most other emplyees here) and happy about coming into work everyday and feel motivated and encouraged to continue to grow. Feedback is given and performance measured but its an environment where I feel I can make a mistake and not be made to feel that I am not valued because of it. Its definitely one of the best companies I have worked for and am excited about growing as the company grows!

Cons

Regret I didn't come here sooner.

Keep up the awesome work and the company will continue the healthy upward growth towards greatness!

56 Other Employee Reviews for Vitacost (View Most Recent)

Pompous Leadership

I worked at Vitacost

Pros

Nice building with luxurious gym and nice offices. Cubicles are great and non stop office supplies.

Cons

Leadership is horrible there is no direction for workers. All managers of IT are strange and pompous to others. Just because we don't know computers they treat us like bad people and stupids.

Bring back free health insurance, monthly rewards and anniversary celebrations. Company is suffering through bad times and CEO just has raise to $400K. It is in news.

Consider this place if you want a heart attack and dead end career

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coffee, free expired products, gym, Florida location, close to lunch spots, brilliant people to make friends with

Cons

Where should I start? We used to have a discount and free products, that is no longer happening. We also used to get free lunches on Fridays, but I guess that was eating into the budget, so instead of keeping that they cut it out and continue to pay executives an embarrassing salary and lunch expense account. The leadership has high turnover; the CFO, CIO (and recently COO fired) positions all are revolving doors with people who are ex cops, unqualified, and come from other companies where the CEO believes they have the magic potion. The reality is that the company is losing money hand over fist, has horrible wall street reviews and is in trouble. They don't purchase office supplies any more either; go figure. A lot of the old timers are just holding onto their jobs because that's all they have; they're unqualified to go elsewhere. The web development area can't even find people to stay; their turnover is high and the IT direction is gloomy and dull. If you are looking for a comical experience, join Vitacost. You won't be disappointed at the circus pitstop.

Tighten up the trust and get a consulting firm in there to advise you on how to make money.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost