Vista Projects
www.vistaprojects.com Calgary, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Great Company for Career Progression ...

Cost Control (Former Employee)

I worked at Vista Projects full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany started off as a small EPC and has developed over the years to a full blown medium sized company working on some of the biggest projects in the oil sands. It's greatest strenght of being agile and responsive to client needs has been maintained over the years. Senior management are owners of the company who take personal accountability for the success of the firm. Thus Vista's values are evident in the every day actions of its management: the care, utmost diligence, and personal accountability for client's full satisfaction is practiced right at the the top tier down to every employee. It is a very different culture from most other EPCs, where the system is mostly geared to taking "advantage of the client as much as possible, without upsetting them so much they walk away".

ConsIt is a great place for someone who desires gaining a solid work experience and old fashioned, non-pretentious ethics. However, it is a very fast-paced environment, with exceptional work fully rewarded and any slack duly noticed. So, if you are the relaxing kind, Vista may not be the best place, because you will be expected to hit the ground running really fast and hard, as if your life depended on it. For most employees, this challenge is welcoming. For some, it maybe a turn off.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember:
1. There were certain characteristics that allowed for Vista's growth (the agility of a small business, client satisfaction, non-compromising ethics, lack of red tape, non-bureaucratic processes/procedures, the ability to adapt to changing business / client needs, and above all, the ability of your employees - not just technical, but more importantly, their soft skills, the seamless ability of your employees to "buddy up" with their client counterparts). As Vista grows, retaining these unique small company traits will ensure your client base in the long term.

If it is only by size and complexity you wish to compete, then there are hundreds of other EPCs out there who are bigger, faster, stronger, and more powerful. Just not necessarily, the best.

2. Client's are aware of all tricks up the sleeve's of EPCs. They know how EPCs think and try to manipulate their own interests (over the client's). Out of politeness, most Clients may not say it out in public, but they are fully aware (and overwhelmed) by any prentious marketing by service providers. As such, continue on with your transparent ethical approach, for in this day and age, those are the unique characteristics that are hard to find.

The best employer ever!

Project Buyer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vista Projects full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Environment, friendly people, good benefits! Cons: So far I don't have any complains. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Got it where it counts

I have been working at Vista Projects full-time for more than a year

Pros: Treated very well by boss and management, coworkers are great, fairly flexible… Cons: Office is hard to get to from the north, building has had… Advice to Senior Management: I think that your efforts to stay on the top 50… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vista Projects.

Worked for Vista Projects? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vista Projects reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vista Projects CEO Alex Campbell. All reviews posted anonymously by Vista Projects employees.