There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC (US)
Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What a happy work environment! Verizon Wireless takes excellent care of its employees. There are so many morale-building and fun activities that we engage in, both here in the center and out in the community. We live by our credo, which talks about integrity, teamwork, and being the best - not the biggest. I love that our representatives don't work off of a script and are encouraged to build a personal connection with each and every customer they speak to. I started just under 5 years ago and I've been able to progress multiple steps and gain knowledge and experience in multiple fields and departments, ultimately securing a Recruiter position, my dream since I began. It's possible to progress with hard work and proving your ability to make responsible decisions and grow through embracing feedback. We focus on metrics surrounding what our customers think about us, not just processing calls. This keeps us in check and proves that a positive attitude and a willingness to help can take you very far. Goals are realistic and are customer-centered. Overall, a wonderful place to work with fantastic benefits and a wonderful employee and customer base.

Cons

Representative schedules, early in a career, may be unfavorable, as schedule bidding is based on seniority.

Keep up the great work. Keep taking feedback from customers and employees to keep improving and busting bureaucracy.

3018 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Performance driven, but little work/life balance

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation, very performance driven. Commission is big part of compensation

Cons

Integrity issues with mid level management

Business with integrity will keep customers long term

A company without a shred of a soul

Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation was very good for retail. I had a base salary of $50,000 and earned an additional $25,000 - $40,000 per year in bonuses and commissions.

Cons

I have never worked for a more greedy, soul-sucking company. VZW does not care AT ALL about its customers. We used to have customer service meetings so that the district and regional managers could tell us how important our customers were. But all commissions and bonuses were structured so that you had to screw over customers in order to hit your targets. We were also to hold the line on contracts in order to reduce churn, so we never allowed anyone out of a contract unless they were willing to pay the early termination fee. We were also told that in the case of a customer who died and a family member tried to cancel the contract, that we could only do so if we saw a death certificate. That was a nice thing to ask a grieving widow for. Not to mention that any salesperson who did not hit targets was fired immediately, and those targets required them to be dishonest to customers. Although I did hit my targets, this job was so stressful and this company so lacking in compassion and concern for both customers and staff that it was the greatest feeling of relief I ever had when I left my job.

This is such a massively profitable corporation that it could afford to do all sorts of good, but it never will. And upper management is full of people who have no concern for other human beings. The only advice I could offer is for the entire upper management team to resign and spend the rest of their lives contemplating how they could live with themselves after treating people the way that they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless