Varian Medical Systems
www.varian.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

It has become increasingly worse as management problems have overwhelmed the workplace environment.

Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Varian Medical Systems

ProsGreat people: very smart, capable and friendly. They are loathe to do layoffs, thought they did one in 2009 of about 5%

ConsTerrible management at highest level. Regulatory compliance is not a priority, Everything is driven by Engineering and the priority is to ship product - whatever it takes.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, especially those at the individual contributor level. You have not created a healthy regulatory compliance environment. You do not mentor and promote people.

Overall a good experience

I have been working at Varian Medical Systems

Pros: Pay is decent. I work with a good core… Cons: Senior Management does not know what my job entails. Edicts are pushed… Advice to Senior Management: Walk a mile in the shoes of those you manage. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Varian Medical Systems

Pros: Good place to work. Calm and mature environment. Benefits are competitive… Cons: Career development is stagnant and slow moving. Advice to Senior Management: Recognize talent while it's there. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Varian Medical Systems.

Worked for Varian Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Varian Medical Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Varian Medical Systems CEO Dow R. Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Varian Medical Systems employees.