Valassis
www.valassis.com Livonia, MI 5000+ Employees

Long work hours within a stressful work environment for little reward.

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)
Livonia, MI (US)

I worked at Valassis full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCo-workers (non-management) are helpful and all-around good people. Casual dress code. Starting vacation days are generous. Livonia building facilities offer many amenities.

ConsWork/Life balance is non-existent. Unless you are a working mother, do not expect to leave at 5pm on a daily basis. Single or married individuals without children are left to handle the workload of their co-workers. You will work evening and weekends regardless of what you are told during the hiring process (sans overtime pay). Supervisors rarely have experience in the department they oversee and offer little help during stressful seasonal periods. Computer systems are dated and slow (most internal systems are dos based). Little opportunity for advancement; Raises are even more rare. Unless you are one of the "chosen" few, do not expect to move up the corporate ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors and upper-management need to stop taking credit for their employee's hard work and ideas. Talk to your employees and ask for their honest opinions. Someone who does the job everyday can offer much more insight than an outside consultant who observes for less than a day. Raises and bonuses should not solely be based on goals set at the beginning of a year when variables constantly change; Understand most employees are doing the work for (2) people.

Production

Crew Leader (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Valassis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Beneftis and fair vacation time. Cons: Terrible pay for the responsibilities and duties. Very stressful… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Run, don't walk away from this company

Account Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Valassis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits, but I doubt they are at good rates. Cons: Management is the WORST I have ever worked for! … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Valassis.

Worked for Valassis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valassis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Valassis CEO Rob Mason. All reviews posted anonymously by Valassis employees.