Vail Resorts
www.vailresorts.com Broomfield, CO 5000+ Employees

Look forward to starting every season.

Ski Instructor (Current Employee)
Beaver Creek, CO (US)

I have been working at Vail Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Prosmost of the people who work here care about you and your success. If you cannot find a solution it is usually easy to find someone that can. the experience for the guest is top notch. Once you are established in the company the pay program is decent. It is hard work to get to that level!

Consshort work year, expectations are not always attainable even doing above and beyond level performance. It sometimes surprises me who gets the recognition within the company. I am not in management, but some of the most amazing job performances that I see daily are from the people low on the totem pole that receive little to no recognition and the least amount of pay.

Advice to Senior Managementlook at all qualified employees. It is becoming apparent that young and fun is winning out over age and qualified experience. See it constantly in knowing who applied for positions then surprised at the person that was hired for the position.

Stay away from Vail Resorts

College Program/Management Training (Former Employee)

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent learning experience and fun locations Cons: Poor management, cheap on wages, eager to burn through employees. Easy to get your way in and move up, if you're willing to sell your… Advice to Senior Management: Even you hate the idea of $112 dollar day passes. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The jobs are very fluctuating, but the pay is terrible.

Corporate Accounting (Former Employee)
Broomfield, CO (US)

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The benefits and perks such as ski passes, discounts at restaurants and retail outfits, insurance, and flexible scheduling are definitely pros. Working on the… Cons: Everyone is despensible. Little pay for a lot of responsibility, especially in the corporate atmosphere. Management tends to be those that have been… Advice to Senior Management: Hire managers that are actually qualified. Don't just base a management decision on tenure. Your best employee may have only been there a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vail Resorts.

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vail Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Vail Resorts employees.