VMware

www.vmware.com

VMware is a great place to work.

Senior R&D Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsVMware recruits and hires top talent, so you're surrounded by good people doing good work. Everybody seems to be very passionate about their work. The management team is very strong, so I feel confident in their ability to keep up the incredible success that VMware has had to date. VMware's meteoric rise makes it an exciting place to work with ample opportunity for advancement.

ConsThe main downside currently are the growing pains from doubling in headcount every year. Some of the reasons that made VMware a great place to work years ago are becoming diluted and/or fundamentally changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs VMware continues to grow, it is critical that we address the difficulties caused by scaling up. In a company where 40% of the people have worked there for less than a year, it is too easy for the overall nature of the company to change in a negative direction.

I am having a great time at VMware

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at VMware

Pros: The products are great, cutting edge and in the right… Cons: Not much structure or process. If you thrive in creating order and structure out… Advice to Senior Management: Continue with what you are doing and focus on changing the paradigm… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place + Smart people

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at VMware

Pros: Smart engineers + Work-life balance Cons: The company is growing too fast, which makes it harder… Advice to Senior Management: Watch who you hire. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!