Comfortable Job

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a stable company

Cons

There offices aren't very close to the city

reviews filtered by

Terrible place to work..expectations of employees are unrealistic

Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)
    Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and plenty of PTO

Cons

ALOT...you have NO sick days and get occurances if call out..meaing flu season ran rampant thru our building due to poeple not being able to call out. They say they understand you have a life outside of work, but try getting time off to take care of that life outside...they gave us two "life Happens" events that you could use for sick days and not get in trouble...but then they took them away. I bet the CEO and higher ups stay home when they are sick. They own you and if you work here be prepared to give up all your life outside of work. they praise their 500/1500 bonus program in the hiring process, but what they dont tell you is it is very, very hard to actually get and with the new opinion based quality scores the are now using I would say inpossible, its a set up to fail. If you start in the call center, you have to be there a year BEFORE you can consider going to a different department, something they fail to tell you in the interview process. I took the job not really wanting to be in the call center but figured I was getting my foot in the door and could move into something I wanted to do within the company. The computers you have to work are JUNK...mine crashes every afternoon, usually when Im on the phone. There is alot more I could say about how bad this place is...but to sum it up I wouldnt recommend this place to my worse enemy for employment. I am hoping to find something else soon..

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees, with out them you have no company

If you are a robot, you will excel at UHG or UHC or whatever their name is this week

Former Employee - IT Specialist
    Former Employee - IT Specialist

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, some really good benefits. Competent managers and coworkers

Cons

Change for the sake of change, the business divisions change their names by the week, you dont know the name of the company or division most of the time. . So many systems that are constantly changed and tweaked and usually broken and then abandoned only to be replaced by new systems no one knows anything about. When you work here, you are just like their website, health in numbers, thats what you are, a number. If you can be a robot and be within their micromanaged numbered outcomes? you belong here. Also, networking between departments is discouraged here. If you go outside their rigid way of doing things, you might still be working there, but you will go absolutely nowhere, unless you already know someone in the company. The only way you advance here is to know someone, or leave.

Advice to Management

You are way too big, your like an 8 million pound gorilla who doesn't know his own name. Would hate to have your insurance.