There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good, you get a lot of PTO days and the company is good about letting you use them. There is room for advancement if you work hard. Most of the people you work with are competent and easy to get along with. They are really big on community involvement and will provide money to charities in your name if you volunteer enough hours with them.

Cons

There is a huge disconnect between senior management and the majority of employees. They have unrealistic goals and don't provide enough resources to meet them. Medical benefits are pretty lousy for being the largest insurance company in the US

2079 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Comfortable Job

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a stable company

Cons

There offices aren't very close to the city

Terrible place to work..expectations of employees are unrealistic

Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)
    Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and plenty of PTO

Cons

ALOT...you have NO sick days and get occurances if call out..meaing flu season ran rampant thru our building due to poeple not being able to call out. They say they understand you have a life outside of work, but try getting time off to take care of that life outside...they gave us two "life Happens" events that you could use for sick days and not get in trouble...but then they took them away. I bet the CEO and higher ups stay home when they are sick. They own you and if you work here be prepared to give up all your life outside of work. they praise their 500/1500 bonus program in the hiring process, but what they dont tell you is it is very, very hard to actually get and with the new opinion based quality scores the are now using I would say inpossible, its a set up to fail. If you start in the call center, you have to be there a year BEFORE you can consider going to a different department, something they fail to tell you in the interview process. I took the job not really wanting to be in the call center but figured I was getting my foot in the door and could move into something I wanted to do within the company. The computers you have to work are JUNK...mine crashes every afternoon, usually when Im on the phone. There is alot more I could say about how bad this place is...but to sum it up I wouldnt recommend this place to my worse enemy for employment. I am hoping to find something else soon..

Actually care about your employees, with out them you have no company

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group