There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Good job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was very supportive and personable. The director makes it a point to learn everyone's names. Supervisors were always willing to assist. Training provided was adequate but it depends on the effort one puts into using it.

Cons

The only cons were that there were gaps in training. There was some gossip amongst reps. The job can get a little frustrating if you don't know how to deal with customers.

1990 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Current Employee - Enrollment  in  Lisle, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

Terrible place to work..expectations of employees are unrealistic

Current Employee - CCP  in  Hooksett, NH (US)
    Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and plenty of PTO

Cons

ALOT...you have NO sick days and get occurances if call out..meaing flu season ran rampant thru our building due to poeple not being able to call out. They say they understand you have a life outside of work, but try getting time off to take care of that life outside...they gave us two "life Happens" events that you could use for sick days and not get in trouble...but then they took them away. I bet the CEO and higher ups stay home when they are sick. They own you and if you work here be prepared to give up all your life outside of work. they praise their 500/1500 bonus program in the hiring process, but what they dont tell you is it is very, very hard to actually get and with the new opinion based quality scores the are now using I would say inpossible, its a set up to fail. If you start in the call center, you have to be there a year BEFORE you can consider going to a different department, something they fail to tell you in the interview process. I took the job not really wanting to be in the call center but figured I was getting my foot in the door and could move into something I wanted to do within the company. The computers you have to work are JUNK...mine crashes every afternoon, usually when Im on the phone. There is alot more I could say about how bad this place is...but to sum it up I wouldnt recommend this place to my worse enemy for employment. I am hoping to find something else soon..

Actually care about your employees, with out them you have no company

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!