There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Good job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management was very supportive and personable. The director makes it a point to learn everyone's names. Supervisors were always willing to assist. Training provided was adequate but it depends on the effort one puts into using it.

Cons

The only cons were that there were gaps in training. There was some gossip amongst reps. The job can get a little frustrating if you don't know how to deal with customers.

2047 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work..expectations of employees are unrealistic

Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)
    Current Employee - CCP in Hooksett, NH (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and plenty of PTO

Cons

ALOT...you have NO sick days and get occurances if call out..meaing flu season ran rampant thru our building due to poeple not being able to call out. They say they understand you have a life outside of work, but try getting time off to take care of that life outside...they gave us two "life Happens" events that you could use for sick days and not get in trouble...but then they took them away. I bet the CEO and higher ups stay home when they are sick. They own you and if you work here be prepared to give up all your life outside of work. they praise their 500/1500 bonus program in the hiring process, but what they dont tell you is it is very, very hard to actually get and with the new opinion based quality scores the are now using I would say inpossible, its a set up to fail. If you start in the call center, you have to be there a year BEFORE you can consider going to a different department, something they fail to tell you in the interview process. I took the job not really wanting to be in the call center but figured I was getting my foot in the door and could move into something I wanted to do within the company. The computers you have to work are JUNK...mine crashes every afternoon, usually when Im on the phone. There is alot more I could say about how bad this place is...but to sum it up I wouldnt recommend this place to my worse enemy for employment. I am hoping to find something else soon..

Actually care about your employees, with out them you have no company

No integrity.

Former Employee - SIU Investigator in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - SIU Investigator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home.

Use of technology and technology support.

Cons

Leaders with no experience in the area they are supervising.

Not examining facts instead acting on notions.

No advancement from within.

Horrible health insurance considering it is a health insurance company.

Please ensure the persons you have in manager and director roles actually know something about the section they are in charge of. Being handicapped with a director who did not meet minimum qualifications for any position which she was in charge of, was quite detrimental.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group