Health Advisor

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA (US)
Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for a lot of companies and this is by far the best. Decent health insurance, sick leave, vacation and consist schedules. The management I work for is very supportive.

Cons

You cant save the world and make every customer happy. Some people are just not happy no matter what you do. They take their frustration out on the person wearing the headset.

Advice to Management

Remember the employees on the front line dont get a lot of time to review new info much less the excessive amount of email you send us. It's nice to try to keep us in the loop, but video/audio communication is a waste of time. I just have to delete it as I am too busy to watch or listen to it. Also, I would be more than happy to work OT more often if there had not been so much Manditory OT for the last year.

reviews filtered by

UHG IT a Disaster [India office]

Current Employee - Leader : ) in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Leader : ) in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a bag of money, & people have compromised to all extents. Trust me, am an insider to comment on this

Cons

I wish i can continue with the list...
    1. "Leaders by luck" is very much applicable here. Strategy of hiring of a leader is very tactical they hire a fool down the stack & below one an intelligent & below that a fool(stack continues till bottom). The first fool hired is supposed to be part of extended leadership who would just follow the boss order (thereby the leader[so called] secures his position no threat for his chair) &the fool can never dream of climbing up as he does not possess any skill to be there neither he can practise to be one. The intelligent down does all the junk work & gets frustrated when raises a concern he is commented on being senior but cannot delegate anything down as there is another fool who is hired by his manager (the first fool). This is an excellent strategy which is being followed, not sure if the organization can build any culture like this (Trust me I can share names & functions for the whole organization)
    2. Pathetic management & leadership - probably guidelines wont allow me to post, can name individuals. [infact naming is not required when all are same]
    3. No culture of the organization, any leader (as described above) can make or break ur life. Offcourse u have the option to change the company, i will not comment anything on this.
    3. U think out of the box - u r criticized. Whatever u think u have to to be inside the boundary & suggest ur ideas& name it as "bright idea" [quite very famous to get excellence award for fools]
    4. No HR system, u have partners :) who will only show their face during specific period. They dont know how to act on anything, again they r hired by leaders to follow. Poor guys probably their hands are also tied - what more disgusting this can be when an employee tries to reach with a concern & that is never looked. I have 30+ cases which i can report out in such a short stint.
    5. Compensation is good & will only increase when u r pet follower of ur boss
    6. There is a measurment criteria of the organization (will not name that) by default they are at some great % inspite of unhappy & unsatisfied employees [can comment only in IT not sure in ops]
    7. All leaders, managers works on that to create a better % , US team please wake up. I can challenge the authenticity. lots of things attached behind this % showcase :)
    8. Promises made to people are never fulfilled, tricks & tricks & tricks is the only mantra
    9. Hiring is a big mesh as people who are rejected gets inside the system as they linked either to someone (u knw whm i mean) or pushed to some other with manipulation of interview form
    10. Can also talk about some more info but unfortunately some names of individuals & cos might come up.

for all points I have evidences & can give examples :).

Advice to Management

Appeal to US management - If you read this & want proof I can come out of my shell...

Great place to work. Employee appreciation is there. Benefits are good.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accruing vacation. Good management. Possible relocation to unexciting places. Or is Kansas exciting?

Cons

Room to grow is limited.