United Airlines

www.united.com
  www.united.com
There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines

Great Experience

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at United Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great colleagues, great place to work!

Cons

People stay hard to move around.

685 Other Employee Reviews for United Airlines (View Most Recent)

United Airlines Company Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company promotes from within. Opportunities to advance are available. The senior executives have an open door policy and are very approachable. Employees truly care about eachother and voluntarily contribute to a non-profit fund to assist those is need. Our leaders will answer questions and if they don' t know the answer, they'll tell you and find out or explain why they are prohibited from telling you.

Cons

I think there is too much outsourcing.

Culture of dignity and respect, open and honest communication. Is any current employee not laughing?

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at United Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and vacation. Most other benefits such as pension have been lost.

Cons

Since the merger, Continental has replaced most management with their people. Since then we have had every process go their way right or wrong. Absolutely no communication. The new culture is one of "I don't want to hear it". Very intimidating command and control environment. Little by little our maintenance jobs are moving to Houston and Chicago. They are reducing numbers in CA by making life miserable for the employees who have served the company for decades. This is culturally ill company that is just asking for trouble by choosing lax quality controls and standards. Being at work is less cheerful than a morgue. I personally do not know 1 person who enjoys their job. This situation here is very similar to what Continental did to Eastern. Unfortunately Continental is still the same rotten employer it was back then.

Have tried on many occasions. The standard phrase there is 'because that's the way we've always done it". They will not listen to employee suggestions. I guess the undereducated low level management has it all figured out. We'll see.

There are newer employer reviews for United Airlines