Ulta Beauty
www.ulta.com Bolingbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Adequate

Hair Designer II (Current Employee)
Naples, FL (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUlta offers benefits,even if you work minimal hours. It's a fun atmosphere to work in. It's all makeup and hair products, so there's lots to play in.

ConsYou have to jump through many many hoops to qualify for benefits as a hair stylist no matter how many hours you work.
Also, there's lousy communication and accountability. Bad managers are not held accountable, and employees are often left feeling unheard and unappreciated.

Very passive aggressive environment, every man for himself!

Esthetician (Former Employee)
York, PA (US)

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros: -easy way to build clientele -offers career building strategies -a wife range… Cons: -micro managed -terrible equipment -very dirty -there is no aspect of a… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage your team and help them build business... do not keep employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Love my Job

Prestige Consultant (Current Employee)
Geneva, IL (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I have been with the company for three years, they have been very… Cons: Management and Corporate somewhat inconsistent. Not sure what policies are… Advice to Senior Management: Don't act like you are better than your team. We truly need to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees.