Ulta Beauty

Fast growing, but disorganized

Finance/Accounting (Former Employee)
Bolingbrook, IL (US)

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFast growing company. No 100% direct competitor. Competitive salaries and benefits. Constantly achieving new benchmarks. Room for improvement creates an atmosphere of opportunity for associates to make their name.

ConsTend to "put the cart in front of the horse" when implementing projects. Implementations never seem to achieve desired results that were originally presented. Lack of cooperation between departments, which might be common at other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster cooperation between departments.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

its an alright job as far as the salon goes

Senior Designer (Current Employee)
Denton, TX (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good commission scale and pretty much laid back as far… Cons: not enough buget for busy color salons cashiers knowledge lacks managment… Advice to Senior Management: get people that know that they are doing and keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Salon professionals run!

Salon Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time for less than a year

Pros: Can build a clientele quickly and make decent commission and… Cons: Company does not understand the hair business and tries to impose a retail model on the salon. They treat all their employees like thieves (must… Advice to Senior Management: Move salons back out from under the stores' general managers and have them managed independently of the retail side with upper-management (i.e. district/regional managers) that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees.