US Census Bureau

Great pay, easy job

Enumerator (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at US Census Bureau part-time for less than a year

ProsI applied online and got an interview quite a while later. I had to attend an examination which you have to pass in order to qualify for the Enumerator position. After the exam, you have to attend 2 days of long training with your peers where you go over a ton of items. You also have to get finger printed.

The enumerator position is quite easy as the Census Bureau has everything laid out for you. All you have to do is follow the steps to fill out the forms. The pay is awesome ($18.25 per hour in Chicago) and the hours are flexible. I worked when I wanted within the confines of a reasonable timeframe.

ConsThe position only lasts 2 months so it's a good time to get extra money. It only happens every 10 years so it is a rare opportunity.

Cog in the wheel

LCOM (Former Employee)
Williston, VT (US)

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Clear mission, organized, step by step management. Useful project. Time… Cons: Difficult to select and retain good key managers. Harder to… Advice to Senior Management: Involve Local Census Office Managers in selection of direct reports.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Big Government, Little Person

Administration Clerk (Former Employee)
Hoboken, NJ (US)

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: It was nice getting exposure of how federal level programs… Cons: Little opportunity for advancement and professional growth. Office manager was biased and felt threatened by younger, more zestful employees. Granted,… Advice to Senior Management: Hire someone who knows how to manage people not just the minimum qualifications. High level… More

There are newer reviews on US Census Bureau.

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Census Bureau reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Census Bureau CEO John H. Thompson . All reviews posted anonymously by US Census Bureau employees.