There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

Great pay, easy job

Former Employee - Enumerator  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Enumerator in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at US Census Bureau part-time for less than a year

Pros

I applied online and got an interview quite a while later. I had to attend an examination which you have to pass in order to qualify for the Enumerator position. After the exam, you have to attend 2 days of long training with your peers where you go over a ton of items. You also have to get finger printed.

The enumerator position is quite easy as the Census Bureau has everything laid out for you. All you have to do is follow the steps to fill out the forms. The pay is awesome ($18.25 per hour in Chicago) and the hours are flexible. I worked when I wanted within the confines of a reasonable timeframe.

Cons

The position only lasts 2 months so it's a good time to get extra money. It only happens every 10 years so it is a rare opportunity.

588 Other Employee Reviews for US Census Bureau (View Most Recent)

Good part time job as a high school Senior

Former Employee - Enumerator  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Enumerator in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at US Census Bureau part-time for less than a year

Pros

As an enumerator, you can work when you want to. Pay is great for the job. No coworkers to deal with. Have plenty of independence.

Cons

Possible bad weather to work in. Going up to strangers houses. Dealing with uncooperative people.

Trying to convince people to give us their information is hard when we have to stick exactly to the script.

Cog in the wheel

Former Employee - LCOM  in  Williston, VT (US)
    Former Employee - LCOM in Williston, VT (US)

I worked at US Census Bureau as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Clear mission, organized, step by step management. Useful project. Time certain deadline

Cons

Difficult to select and retain good key managers. Harder to get rid of bad ones

Involve Local Census Office Managers in selection of direct reports. Make replacement of poor performers simpler.

There are newer employer reviews for US Census Bureau

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!