US Army

www.army.mil
  www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Very good

Former Employee - Sergeant in Seoul (South Korea)
Former Employee - Sergeant in Seoul (South Korea)

I worked at US Army full-time (more than an year)

Pros

being patriotic, recommend for those who devote their youth for the nation

Cons

not many. one thing i hated being in the army was that i had to keep my hair short

N/A

6086 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

8 year infantry soldier

Former Employee - Squad Leader in Fort Stewart, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Squad Leader in Fort Stewart, GA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best people that I know are in the Army. The job will give you a sense of pride. You have a fair chance to move up in pay and responsibility. I started out making $13,500 and was making close to $60,000 as a NCO when I got out. The benefits are good. It's a cool job. You will do things that you can't do anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes the Army seems like it's too big and stuff gets fixed slower than it should. As a leader in the Army you will find that a lot of your time that you should be spending training your guys will be spent dealing with soldiers that don't maintain proper standards. It's a fun life, but it consumes you. Especially during wartime. Out of my 8 years I spent 5 of those years away from home because I was either deployed to Iraq or training. My 5/8 ratio was slightly excessive though because I volunteered for a lot of schools. The wars are winding down so this may not be the case anymore.

Keep cutting the fat, holding soldiers to proper standards. Guys who join and try to hide out in the same units to make an easy paycheck really hurt the effort. Additionally, I got out because I had my tab and wanted to re-enlist to go to ranger battalion. Unfortunately my SGM fenced me into my 3rd tour in Iraq 9 months before deployment. I did my final deployment and the rest of my time honorably. That situation put a bad taste in my mouth though, so I decided to get out and never put myself in a position where someone had that much say in what way my career went.

Mostly Good experience

Current Employee - Ordinance Officer
    Current Employee - Ordinance Officer

I have been working at US Army part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Steady Pay/ retirement / benefits
    - Travel
    - Meet folks from all back ground
    - Adventure

Cons

- long hours sometimes
    - Field exercise are tedious
    - Deployment take you away from family that sucks
    - Dealing with the BS from superior

There are newer employer reviews for US Army