US Army

www.army.mil
  www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Over 26 years experience in management, recruiting, and career counseling.

Former Employee - Career Counselor in Franklin, PA (US)
Former Employee - Career Counselor in Franklin, PA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Army has a very competitive salary, and educational benefits. The Army pays for all training and supplies all necessary equipment to perform all assigned tasks.

Cons

The Army has long work hours depending on your individual job or specialty. Also you may be required to leave you family for long extended periods of time.

The only advise I can give to management is to listen to your subordinates suggestions and ideas. They are the ones that actually do the job and have first hand knowledge on how to make things better.

6048 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Transportation Officer

Current Employee - Brigade Deputy S4 in Fort Drum, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Brigade Deputy S4 in Fort Drum, NY (US)

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free to develop new techniques while being mentored from proven processes. Ability to serve our country is probably the best perk and will always be a great memory for me.

Cons

Hours, hours, hours. This is not your average 9 to 5 job. Work weeks usually average around 50hrs and on occasion more. Flat salary pay is a definite negative.

Listen to your subordinates. Although they may not have the right answer, your ability to listen and help coach/teach/mentor is always a valuable source of encouragement.

Unmatched

Current Employee - Platoon Leader in Fort Lee, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Platoon Leader in Fort Lee, VA (US)

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet new people, travel, gain leadership experience (pays off in job market), free education, helps you stay in great physical shape, opportunity to grow (personally and professionally), steady income, job security (if you play by the rules), no gender or racial bias, EOE, and much more.

Note: I'm not a recruiter.

Cons

IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!
    Time away from loved ones, can be moved to another location on short notice, could be stationed in another country (not a problem if you're a traveller), very early workdays, must be physically and mentally tough, could be a strain on social life (for some), may work on weekends

There are newer employer reviews for US Army