There are newer employer reviews for UPS

UPS Driver Helper

Former Employee - UPS Driver Helper in Mesa, AZ (US)
Former Employee - UPS Driver Helper in Mesa, AZ (US)

I worked at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy job as long as you don't mind working hard. Get to meet new people and interact with customers.

Cons

If you are lazy you will not last long. Dose take some physical exertion so if your out of shape I don't recommend it requires you to get in and out of truck a lot.

2590 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Great place to work. Flexible and relaxed work environment.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work environment is extremely relaxed, work hours are very flexible. One of the few accounting jobs where you're not working a crazy amount of hours. The starting salary is great and we mainly promote from within, so there are opportunities for advancement. Benefits are also really good.

Cons

Training program doesn't exist - you are trained through peers and self learning.

We need to have a training program since the IT building is so specialized. It will build a better foundation for employees. I feel there are basic concepts that are often missed out on.

Part time Package Handler

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If your a college student. It's part time. They reimburse you if you pass classes.

Cons

For such large company, they only pay you just above minimum wage. Your personal medical insurance doesn't start until you have been there a year. Vision and dental after two years Your family (If you have one) starts a year and a half. Most of the time you don't even clear 15 hrs a week and at $110 (avg) a week, half of that goes to gas.

If you want to retain new employees, quit paying 1995 wages. (which were double minimum wage then). Start medical insurance in 90 days and family in 6 months.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS