UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)
www.ucsf.edu San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

If you're considering graduate school, this is a great place to gain experience and exposure to the healthcare field.

Study Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)

ProsExposure to bright minds and innovative ideas within the healthcare field. (Your individual work experience, however, will vary from department to department).

ConsKind of like our health care system, UCSF seems a little fragmented, with students, residents, and a lot of staff moving on every few years. There are some people who spend most of their career at UC, however.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is tremendous change happening at the university, and it would be helpful to have more communication for the different levels of management (department, school, and university).

Brilliant people to work with, still in the public sector so working with tough budgets.

Resident Physician (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)

Pros: Brilliant colleagues. Won't find people around that are smarter. Academic… Cons: Depends on what department you are in. I work in a very incestuous department… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great institution at which to do science and gain independence as an independent researcher

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)

Pros: Collaborations, Translational Science Efforts, Great core facilities Cons: Of course, the experience of a postdoctoral scholar greatly depends on the mentor… Advice to Senior Management: No advice for management is necessary, everything is good relative… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on UCSF (University of California, San Francisco).

Worked for UCSF (University of California, San Francisco)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) CEO Susan Desmond-Hellmann. All reviews posted anonymously by UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) employees.