U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com
  www.usbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Better then the majority of companies!

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, excellent work/life balance, culture of process improvement.

Cons

Pay could be much better and insurance benefits offer little coverage with high cost.

There are many wonderful things about U.S. Bank, but the medical benefits are greatly lacking!

1572 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

great leadership in industry

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

bank is well positioned. best products/ rates in the business. improving computer systems and programs.

Cons

company is moving away from service and more concerned with sales. as a banker 70% of my day was service and 30% sales. Now expected to be 90% sales. moving toward bank models like Wells Fargo that bombard cutomers with solicitations at every contact. more and more negative experience for customer. pay is average but i consider the position to be underpaid at all banks. Also, not willing to train talented employees for new positions. it is impossible to move into other areas of bank because they do not hire without experience (ie home mortgage dept, investments, underwriting).

profitability is a concern for all banks but remember why people prefer USBank to others: don't get harrassed for new products at every opportunity. also, personal bankers do the most work and are responsible for generating more profit. recognize them for that and pay accordingly. be willing to train outstanding employees for other positions to help them further their careers.

Im so happy that next week is my last week working here!

Current Employee - In-store Banker II in Corona, CA (US)
    Current Employee - In-store Banker II in Corona, CA (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they sometimes pay you for milage and thats about it.

Cons

There are so many cons, I don’t even know where to start! I been working in an in-store for almost two years and at first I thought it was ok, but now I can’t wait to get out of here! About 2 months ago I got promoted to banker two and they raised my pay to 14.25 (from 12.60), I then found out that Banker 1’s who just got hired and weren’t even making their goals were getting paid more than me. I worked my but off for this company and they pay me and others like crap. They over work us, a lot of the time we work 9.5 hours with NO LUNCHES! They want us to go above and beyond with our goals but the pay isn’t worth it and everyone in the in store division agrees with this. For example, Full time goals are 6,500 points a month and if you make 15,000 points that’s only $200 extra. Thank Jesus I’m leaving this company!

You will probably get paid more at another company

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank