There are newer employer reviews for Turn

Great and friendly people, interesting work, and management that looks out for you

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome friendly, mature yet young-at-heart people. Advice and expertise are freely given. Everyone functions as a team, and politics seldom if ever get in the way. Nothing is shrouded from the employees. All business decisions as well as financial information is readily available and distributed so that everyone feels in the loop. Great work problems, with the ability to work on your own projects if you choose. A responsive management that works hard to make things better for the employees.

Cons

I have a wish-list a mile long of things I would like to do. We are getting through it, but if only we had more people...

Advice to Management

More flexibility on the timeline once a project is underway. I have already communicated this with management and discussions are happening.

reviews filtered by

At Very Large Scale, the Fun Begins

Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company keeps the balance between executing like an army and innovating like free jazz improvs. I believe Turn is such a company. I like that we have a vision and a great team to execute it. But at the same time we're innovating and exploring outside of our core goals. I also love the team I work with. Smart but also great people to hang out with. And finally as a history buff, I love our HQ which is a 100-year old building and used to be frequented by Wyatt Earp!

Cons

Turn has growing pains. This manifests in both frustration of not able to materialize great ideas fast enough, as well as being pulled in one too many directions.

Advice to Management

Keep open communication between departments so we don't develop "fiefdoms" with interest only in themselves rather than the company. Build a global company culture now that the sun doesn't set on Turn.

A friendly workplace with interesting technical challenges

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice and friendly environment that focuses on giving each employee the opportunity to make an impact in the company and for the company. Very interesting technical challenges at incredible scale, solving problems no one has solved before with a team of smart colleagues.

Cons

These are not very big "cons" as it could be much, much worse, but some other companies are doing a better job at providing exciting office space, top of the line tools and equipment or great food.

Advice to Management

Help employees create a better company and office culture; communicate more (internally) on the product vision and how it fits and/or disrupts the industry.