There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries

Proceed with caution, career advancement might be possible

Former Employee - Plant Accountant/Plant Controller in Ashland City, TN (US)
Former Employee - Plant Accountant/Plant Controller in Ashland City, TN (US)

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros

You take on the entire plant with no traing or guidance. There isn't a whole lot of advancement possibilites in upper Execitve leves in Tennessee. If you are willing to move, you might do well. Trinity gives one a great opportunity to try to figure out what is going on. The corporate office EVENTUALLY send some brings you in for training that doesn't happen while you are in the corporate office. If you are a STRONG laborer, welder, pipe-fitter, or electrician you have a great potential. If you have a strong desire to become a welder, or take welding classes - this very well might be a good company for you to work. Get some experience, get paid while you learn, then move on to a company where you can get paid for your experience and education. Trinity is a great place to learn welding.

Cons

There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.There's a BIG turonver in middle and upper level management. Don't expect the people that have interviewed there to be there long after you have started.

The potential trainer leaves a few weeks b4 employee is brought on board. The supervisor and HR manager that interviewed the new employee left less than 6 weeks after the employee was hired. Make sure the new HR manager and supervisor understand what their predecessors expected of the newly hired employee.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Trinity Industries (View Most Recent)

Was very rewarding until I was Hurt on the job, then I was abandoned

Former Employee - Welder in Longview, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Welder in Longview, TX (US)

I worked at Trinity Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay and supervisors

Cons

Safety is a big issue and the caringness for injuries of employees

Need to be more concerned with safety

Good for entry level, not so good for a career.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Gallatin, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Gallatin, TN (US)

I have been working at Trinity Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a good set of core values and is run with a very good strategic focus. Currently the company is very strong because of its position in some key markets and working for a company that is successful and growing always a plus. The benefits are slightly above average, and there is some training.

Cons

The business unit where I am employed is run with little to no professionalism whatsoever. Which is a shame because the childishness that pervades the management of the unit prevents the unit from being a really great place to work and and the job from being a great one.

I would agree that career advancement is something that many cannot look forward to. There isn't a strong promote from within motivation. I would be surprised to see myself reaching the 5 year mark with Trinity.

I would advise management to take a serious look at the way each business unit is managed fundamentally, not just at the quarterly bottom line. Times are good right now, but there is much room for improvement in the management and organization of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries