There are newer employer reviews for Travis County, Texas

Laid-back

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Travis County, Texas

Pros

I love the laid-back feel. Of course, different areas offer different working environments, but I was satisfied.

Cons

No one leaves so it's hard to get a permanent position.

Allow a fair hire; don't only grant jobs on the "hook up".

15 Other Employee Reviews for Travis County, Texas (View Most Recent)

True public servant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros

Good retirement plan, a wellness center to help save co-pays with insurance, mostly pleasant co-workers, longvity pay after 4 years, fair accumlation of vacation and sick time, reasonable number of holidays.

Cons

commuting to downtown or Airport site, parking can be a problem as it takes 7+ years to get a parking space, pay is better outside of the county, some employees don't pull their fair share of the work load,

Yearly performance evaluations should be done with the employees, and employees should have an opportunity to evaluate management. Try to be more open to suggestions by employees. Stand behind the people that work for you.

Travis County

Current Employee - Legal Secretary
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary

I have been working at Travis County, Texas

Pros

Benefits are great and the paid time off is unbelievable. You get almost 30 days sick/paid time off and you can take off when you need to.

Cons

however it is not very stimulating. It takes years to move up even and education doesn't matter much.

I would advice them to communicate more to their employees about big changes rather than the day of. Also, some of your employees are more educated than those around them. Advancement should be given to more knowledgeable people instead of people who have been there longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Travis County, Texas