Toys for Bob
www.toysforbob.com Novato, CA 50 to 149 Employees

An experienced video game developer that knows how to make fun games!

I have been working at Toys for Bob full-time for more than 5 years

ProsToys for Bob is definitely very good at scheduling, being decisive, knowing their limitations, and setting realistic goals. Most video game companies are notorious for having long hours and months of crunch-time. The leaders at Toys for Bob all have families and children and realize that employees need to balance their work and personal life in order to be productive and successful. Toys for Bob also has a very relaxed, friendly, and casual work environment.

The one thing that separates Toys for Bob from other video game developers is that TFB has extremely robust and powerful design tools that allow the game designers to prototype and play-test ideas very quickly. The designers’ only limitation is their imagination and creativity. They aren’t hampered by inadequate tools, and they don’t have to rely on programmers to write code to implement a certain game mechanic. Whereas many video game developers take several months to prototype a certain idea, a designer at TFB can do it several days. This rapid prototyping allows TFB to quickly weed out bad ideas and iteratively improve good ones.

ConsNone really. I've been in this industry for over a decade, and this is one of the best video game developers I've worked for.

good company

Artist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Toys for Bob full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good work environment and good workers. Cons: I think about it.. I can't find the cons. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Toys for Bob Fallen by the Wayside since Activision

Modeler (Former Employee)

I worked at Toys for Bob full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are few pro's for working there now, other than simply for the money and work-experience. The culture is cliquish and closed, and no… Cons: The atmosphere has been on a steady decline, even while the somewhat transitory success of Skylanders has kept the financially strong. The company had… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Toys for Bob.

Worked for Toys for Bob? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toys for Bob reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Toys for Bob CEO Paul Reiche. All reviews posted anonymously by Toys for Bob employees.