There are newer employer reviews for Toys for Bob

An experienced video game developer that knows how to make fun games!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Novato, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA (US)

I have been working at Toys for Bob full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Toys for Bob is definitely very good at scheduling, being decisive, knowing their limitations, and setting realistic goals. Most video game companies are notorious for having long hours and months of crunch-time. The leaders at Toys for Bob all have families and children and realize that employees need to balance their work and personal life in order to be productive and successful. Toys for Bob also has a very relaxed, friendly, and casual work environment.

The one thing that separates Toys for Bob from other video game developers is that TFB has extremely robust and powerful design tools that allow the game designers to prototype and play-test ideas very quickly. The designers’ only limitation is their imagination and creativity. They aren’t hampered by inadequate tools, and they don’t have to rely on programmers to write code to implement a certain game mechanic. Whereas many video game developers take several months to prototype a certain idea, a designer at TFB can do it several days. This rapid prototyping allows TFB to quickly weed out bad ideas and iteratively improve good ones.

Cons

None really. I've been in this industry for over a decade, and this is one of the best video game developers I've worked for.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Toys for Bob (View Most Recent)

good company

Current Employee - Artist  in  Novato, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Artist in Novato, CA (US)

I have been working at Toys for Bob full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good work environment and good workers.

Cons

I think about it.. I can't find the cons.

Great company!

Current Employee - VFX Artist  in  Novato, CA (US)
    Current Employee - VFX Artist in Novato, CA (US)

I have been working at Toys for Bob as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic team! Super talented and great to work with. They have an awesome product that inspires great work.

Cons

Hours get a little long during crunch but its manageable. I've definitely seen worse!

There are newer employer reviews for Toys for Bob

Worked for Toys for Bob? Contribute to the Community!